By joining the Rationalist Society of Australia, you help us represent the fast-growing number of Australians who do not identify with a religious faith and who want to see an Australia governed by evidence-based public policy.
What do I get with my RSA membership?
Membership entitles you to:
- The chance to become involved in our campaigns and projects, collaborating with like-minded organisations
- Regular RSA publications:
- the quarterly Australian Rationalist journal, delivered in hard copy to your home address
- RSA Daily, a highly popular daily curated feed of news items from Australia and abroad
- periodic email updates about our work, and events of interest.
- Discount rates at RSA events with international and Australian speakers (depending on event).
- A voice in the organisation: the right to nominate for the RSA Board and to vote at the AGM on campaign directions.
- PLUS the satisfaction of knowing your support enables the RSA to continue its work in raising public awareness about rationalism and advocating for public policy change in favour of science and evidence.
If you agree with the Rules of the Rationalist Society of Australia (see here), you can become a member.
Simply choose from one of the membership options below, which will take you through the joining process.
Please note: our strong preference is for you to use online payment by clicking on one of the buttons below. Online payment is fast, secure and saves a heap of volunteer time and effort, so please do consider!
However, if you wish to pay via cheque or bank transfer, please download and complete this Application Form. Details of where to send a cheque or do a bank transfer are on the form.
Single Membership ($60)
Single Concession Membership (for students or healthcard holders) ($45)
Couples Membership ($80)
Couples Concession Membership ($65)
I want to renew my existing membership.
No problem – just click the Renew button on the top right of this page.
Can I join over the phone?
At the moment we don’t have the ability to join members over the phone, but you can join via this website, via email or via post, and using either Stripe (for credit cards), PayPal, bank transfer or cheque.
Can I join by cheque?
Yes! Please post, along with your completed Application Form to:
PO Box 1312,
Can I join by bank transfer?
Yes! Please transfer funds electronically to: RSA Admin, BSB 313-140, Account 1200 2918 making sure you add your name as Reference, so we know where the funds are coming from.
Remember to send us your completed Application Form via email, or post to:
PO Box 1312,
Can I buy someone membership as a gift?
Yes! Please fill out our Application Form, ticking “Gift”, and post it with an accompanying cheque to: The Secretary, PO Box 1312, Hawksburn 3142, Victoria, Australia.
Can I add a donation to the Rationalist Society ?
Yes, and thank you! You can add a donation when joining, or you can donate separately, by using the Donate button at the top of this page. You can also donate via cheque or bank transfer.
What are the Rules of the Rationalist Society of Australia?
All members must agree with the Rules of the Rationalist Society of Australia, which can be found here.
I don't live in Australia. Can I still receive the journal?
Yes! We welcome international members. However owing to the cost of sending the journal overseas, we will need to charge you a slightly higher annual fee ($80 for single membership; $65 for single concession) to cover the costs of postage. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.