The Rationalist Society of Australia Inc. (RSA) is an association incorporated in Victoria under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act. It is governed by the RSA Rules, and managed by a Committee of Management, elected each year at the AGM. The Committee is supported by our Executive Officer. The RSA also has two subcommittees:
- The Finance Advisory Committee monitors the Society's income and expenditure and the performance of investments and recommends changes thought desirable to maintain a prudent investment strategy.
- The Editorial Subcommittee oversees the development and production of the Society's publications.
The funds of the RSA are managed by the Committee on the advice of professionally qualified and experienced members of the Finance Advisory Committee. The RSA Finance Advisory Committee Terms of Reference include the investment policy, which is to generate enough income to fund the annual operating requirements of the RSA Inc. while maintaining a low to moderate level of risk.
Members can access minutes of previous AGMs, via here.
COMMITTEE OF MANAGEMENT
Until the 2017 AGM, the Committee is:
President (and Secretary for official purposes)
Dr Meredith Doig
Robbie van Dijk
- David James, Editor of the RSA's quarterly hard copy journal, the Australian Rationalist. Email David at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brett Davis, Accountant (responsible to the Treasurer for financial book-keeping). Contact: email@example.com
- Tosca Lloyd, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the responsibilities of Committee Members, and how to become one, click here. Please note that only those who have been paid members of the RSA for at least two years can become a Committee Members.